How Much Can a Ram 1500 Tow?
Just how much can a Ram 1500 tow? When you choose the right configuration and the model is properly equipped, the 2019 Ram 1500 delivers a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, earning it the best-in-class V8 towing capability among light-duty pickup trucks. On top of this stellar towing capacity, the all-new Ram 1500 improves upon its predecessors by having even more power under the hood, and providing drivers with an improvement in fuel-efficiency ratings. Want to know more about the Ram 1500 towing capacity? Let the experts at Ryan Chrysler Jeep Dodge tell you all about this amazing pickup truck!
2019 Ram 1500 Engines & Capacities
When it comes to the Ram 1500 towing capacity, it actually depends on the engine that’s equipped in your model. The 2019 1500 has three engines on offer, each with its own performance capabilities, which includes the vehicle’s towing capacity. While the engines have different performance capabilities, each engine is paired with the Ram 1500’s standard TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission. Take a detailed look at the three available engines below:
- 3.6L Pentastar® V6 Engine with eTorque: This engine produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque, boosting the Ram 1500 towing capacity to 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 Engine: This upgraded engine produces up to 395 hp as well as 410 lb-ft of torque, giving the Ram 1500 a towing capacity of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI® Engine with eTorque: Get the best out of your truck with this engine, which produces the same figures shown above, but upgrades the Ram 1500 towing capacity to 12,750 pounds.
As for the payload capacity, which ranges from 2,100 pounds to 2,300 pounds, this depends on the configuration of the Ram 1500 you’ve chosen.
Ram 1500 Towing Features
On top of its already stellar towing capacities, the 2019 Ram 1500 also comes outfitted with some additional features to take your towing capabilities even further. Here are some of the amazing towing features included with the new Ram 1500:
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: For a very efficient ride, the TorqueFlite® transmission in the Ram 1500 works alongside the eTorque mild hybrid system to give the truck an EPA-estimated 17 MPG rating in city driving and 23 MPG rating in highway driving.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The Ram 1500 also highlights 14.9-inch brakes that outperform all of its competition, giving you the ultimate in stopping power on Dickinson and Billings.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This additional system automatically alerts you when there’s a vehicle in your blind zones and also accounts for any trailer you’re towing.
Test Drive the 2019 Ram 1500 at Ryan Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Williston!
Think the 2019 Ram 1500 sounds like a pickup truck for you? Take a look at the available models and RAM 1500 lease deals right now! Be sure to also check out the new 2020 RAM 1500. Once you’ve found a model that you love, contact us to get the purchasing process started, and also schedule a test drive for a time that works for you! For more information on our amazing lineup of vehicles, take a look at our comparisons between the Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee, or the RAM 2500 vs. 3500. Once you’ve found your new vehicle, celebrate at one of our favorite restaurants in Williston!